Thursday, May 21, 2015

Represented by Dawn Dowdle of Blue Ridge Literary Agency

I'm thrilled to announce that I recently signed with Dawn Dowdle of Blue Ridge Literary Agency.

I sought Dawn out for so many different reasons but it boiled down to need. I couldn't handle the business side of ghostwriting anymore and keep up the current writing pace. For a while now, pleasure reading has consisted of going to bed with several contracts in hand. It became apparent that I needed an agent moving forward, particularly with new goals in play.

To be upfront, if Dawn hadn't signed me, I would've kept looking until I found someone who was a good match but I would’ve been very disappointed. Before searching for representation, I made a list of what I hoped to find in a literary agent. Represented talent and all recent deals topped that list. The deals that mattered with talented authors on the agent roster topped that list, too. 

Anyone can ‘frontload’ their author lists with a bunch of names—publishers and literary agents alike—but when a company or agent takes the time to find true talent and it shows in the books on their shelves, we all want to be a part of something like that. In any event, I read countless clips and excerpts from Dawn’s authors. Additionally, I paid attention to the recent deals and Publishers Marketplace. 

As mentioned above, anyone can compile a list and throw it together. Even 'best of' or 'top' this or that can be put together by anyone with a “Top Literary Agents” heading, but I was interested in the real dealmakers, the kind of agent that Publishers Marketplace had already recognized with recorded deals and other literary agent sites had recognized as a top literary agent in our field.  Moreover, other professionals had pointed out that Dawn is approachable, likeable, fair, wise, and honest. It was important to find someone close in proximity but that wasn’t as important as approachability, professionalism, and knowledge. 

A brilliant agent who is securing current deals, Dawn met my criteria and now my main objective is to meet or exceed her expectations as well. Within a short window, Dawn had already started negotiating a deal on my behalf. What I discovered then was the true professionalism behind the agent and I'm proud to be represented by Blue Ridge Literary Agency. 


Dawn Dowdle knows her business and she's devoted to the industry. I’m so pleased to be represented by Blue Ridge Literary Agency.  

My husband and I are equally excited to announce that Dawn will join us in East Tennessee for the Destiny Blaine Workshops as a special guest speaker. Dawn will take manuscript pitches as well. If you’re interested in seeing what Dawn represents, visit her website at Blue Ridge Literary Agency:

No comments:

Welcome to Destiny Blaine's Online Journal

Welcome to Destiny Blaine's Online Journal
"An Award Winning Bestselling International E-book and Paperback Author, Destiny Blaine and her pseudonyms top the charts at Amazon, Bookstrand, Barnes and Noble, ARE, Mobipocket, and other retailers online and off. Scroll down for a list of available titles, works in progress, and coming soon dates for debut titles.”

Author Bio

An award-winning, international bestselling erotic romance author, Destiny Blaine writes under several pen names. She lives in East Tennessee and spends a lot of time in Connecticut and Virginia, where her granddoll resides.