Click for your 30-Day Trial

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Irony found in the story behind this sweet holiday romance



When I sat down and wrote Frog Juice and Figgy Pudding, I knew the setting as well as the back of my own hand. Lewisburg, Tennessee was where my father lived prior to his death a few weeks ago. Two of my brothers live there now. The characters were inspired by real people living in this small Middle Tennessee town.


In Frog Juice and Figgy Pudding, the story unfolds and it's quickly established that our heroine misses her deceased father. Though her father doesn't play a huge role in the story, our heroine treasures a final gift her dad left her and by the end of the story, the heroine goes to extremes to protect this particular gift.


Without giving spoilers, I invite you to take a closer look at Frog Juice and Figgy Pudding, a sweet romance that now holds so much meaning for me as a writer. After my father's passing, the edits came in for this manuscript and that's when the irony hit me. The timing in which this story was written coupled with the other elements found in Frog Juice and Figgy Pudding place this sweet holiday romantic suspense/thriller at the top of my list for the most meaningful manuscripts I've ever written and I'm certain no other project will ever take its place in my heart.


I invite you to pick up this story today from Devine Destinies, an eXtasy Books company. If you have a chance to pick up a copy, please let me hear from you after you read Frog Juice and Figgy Pudding. I would treasure and appreciate your comments.



Love,

Destiny

Unlikely suspects with misunderstood agendas cripple the horse industry and leave everyone to question the motivation behind senseless killings.

Frog Juice and Figgy Pudding

A horse killer is on the loose and Doreen McConnell has already lost a couple of mares to a deadly concoction of frog juice and ketamine. When a wealthy neighbor hires a team of men to help stop a criminal, Doreen finds herself relying on a mercenary to help protect her farm and animals.

Nick Taylor is standing guard over Doreen McConnell's Stables, determined to find the person responsible for killing numerous horses, but when the killer's poison is used to eliminate Nick's boss, his goals change. Soon, Doreen McConnell's safety is the only thing that matters. And Nick is certain he can protect her as long as he keeps her in his arms.



Read an excerpt here: Frog Juice and Figgy Pudding




No comments:

Welcome to Destiny Blaine's Online Journal

Welcome to Destiny Blaine's Online Journal
"An Award Winning Bestselling International E-book and Paperback Author, Destiny Blaine and her pseudonyms top the charts at Amazon, Bookstrand, Barnes and Noble, ARE, Mobipocket, and other retailers online and off. Scroll down for a list of available titles, works in progress, and coming soon dates for debut titles.”

Author Bio

An award-winning, international bestselling erotic romance author, Destiny Blaine writes under several pen names. She lives in East Tennessee and spends a lot of time in Connecticut and Virginia, where her granddoll resides.